In this tutorial, you will learn how to setup JDK on a windows machine.
Download & Install JDK in Windows:
1. Go to Java Downloads page – https://www.oracle.com/java/technologies/javase-jdk14-downloads.html
2. Click the link to download the latest version of JDK: jdk-14.0.2_windows-x64_bin.exe
3. After the download is complete, run the exe to start the JDK installation.
4. Follow the instructions on the installer to complete the installation.
Set Environment Variables for Java:
1. Go to Control Panel -> System and Security -> System
2. Click on Advanced system settings
3. Open Advanced tab and click on Environment Variables
4. In System Variables, click on New. Enter the JAVA_HOME variable and click on OK to add the variable.
5. Select Path variable from the System variables and click on Edit.
6. Click on New and enter the local system path of your jdk installation directory. Click on OK.
7. Open command prompt and type the command – javac to verify the JDK installation.